Port Facilities/Cruise Terminal Bell Harbor Conference Center Seattle, WA
2211 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121
Thursday, December 6, 2012, 7:30am – 6pm
Global Washington’s annual conference will be held on December 6th at the Bell Harbor Conference Center in downtown Seattle. This is the fourth time that GlobalWA has brought together a broad range of WA-based organizations in the global development sector to learn from each other, share best practices, and forge connections to advance their work. The conference will focus on the theme “From Silos to Collective Impact,” and highlight the importance of Washington State organizations working together to effect real, lasting, and positive change.
The conference will feature an array of influential speakers and thought-provoking sessions to encourage participants to learn, share, and act.
• The day’s dynamic speakers will include Dr. Sakena Yacoobi, founder and executive director of the Afghan Institute of Learning; Raymond C. Offenheiser, president of Oxfam America; Amir Dossal, founder and chairman of the UN’s Global Partnerships Forum; and Craig Kielburger, founder of Free The Children and Me to We.
• The day’s agenda will highlight opportunities to learn from thought leaders on the subjects of forming public-private partnerships, engaging youth and diaspora groups, shifting beyond CSR to real business innovation, and demonstrating and learning from impact studies.
• GlobalWA’s conference will also include sessions led by local experts on topics ranging from fundraising to strategic planning to advocacy and communications. In these smaller expert-led assemblies, attendees will pose questions about their work in the global development sector, and have the opportunity to explore strategic shifts.
• An evening reception with exhibits of over 20 small and medium social enterprises who have found low cost and high impact solutions to development challenges
• During a “Fast Pitch” session, several organizations will give quick two-minute talks about their work, providing the opportunity for the groups to throw out their boldest ideas in a supportive environment.
Building/Room #: Pier 66
Neighborhoods: Downtown Commercial Core
Event Types: Business/Trade, Education
Audience: Adults, Senior
Contact: Megan Boucher
Contact Email: email@example.com
Registration Details: For a full agenda, speaker list, and registration information, please visit globalwa.org….
More info: globalwa.org…