Five people are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Federal Way, said South King County Fire.
Just after 8 a.m. Tuesday, crews arrived at a home in the 2100 block of southwest 322nd Street in Federal Way.
Firefighters found a generator running in the garage and five people with CO poisoning.
A Harborview spokeswoman, Susan Gregg-Hanson, says five people are in satisfactory condition. She says two men and three women are getting an oxygen treatment in a hypebaric chamber at Virginia Mason Hospital.
The family was using the generator because of a power problem in the home.